As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links.
Margarita recipes and a good time often go hand in hand. Whether you celebrate Taco Tuesday every week, or Cinco De Mayo once a year, a margarita is a great choice to enhance your fun!
When people ask me what my favorite food is my response is: Mexican. It’s a genre of food so unique and bursting with bold, spicy flavors. Which is definitely my jam.
And since Cinco de Mayo is right around the corner, I couldn’t resist the chance to try new margarita recipes at home.
How do you like your margarita:
- Frozen or on the rocks?
- Fruit flavored or traditional lime?
- Salt or Sugar on the rim?
These are the quintessential questions you’re asked whenever you order a margarita at a bar or Mexican restaurant. I like lime margaritas. And on the rocks. With salt on the rim. My fiance’s order is strawberry. And he likes it frozen with sugar.
Everyone’s order is unique to their taste buds. Check out our list below of amazing margaritas no matter what your preference.
17 Amazing Margarita Recipes
Margaritas to Share
- Pitcher Perfect Margaritas from The Cookie Rookie- A traditional margarita recipe perfect for sharing with all your friends. Make this in bulk and serve it up at your Cinco De Mayo celebration.
- Classy White Wine Margaritas from The Cookie Rookie- These white wine margaritas are perfect for a bright spring day. Call your girlfriends over and whip up this recipe to please your girl gang.
- Pink Lemonade Margarita from The 2 Seasons- Pink Lemonade reminds me of my childhood. But, this adults-only beverage is a tart and refreshing treat. Make a pitcher of this, and pass it around during your festivities. This would be great from a bridal shower or bachelorette party starter!
Frozen Margarita Recipes
- Strawberry Mango Frosted Margarita by Baker By Nature- Strawberry, and Mango is a perfect tangy combination, and this frozen margarita will be a perfect mate to chips and salsa.
- Frozen Peach Margaritas from Miss in the Kitchen- I love peaches! They are one of my favorite fruits. This orange and peach combo is refreshing and sweet. This recipe can be a virgin mock-tail if you minus the tequila too.
Feisty Flavors Unique Flavor Combos
- Spicy Grapefruit Jalapeno Margarita from As Easy as Apple Pie- Cinco de Mayo is the perfect excuse to spice things up! I love spicy and tart margaritas and these are unlike any recipe I’ve ever tried.
- Spicy Sunset Margarita on the Rocks from No Spoon Necessary- This drink has a sweet, salty, and spicy rim unlike any I’ve ever tried. This pineapple, mango, jalapeno, and grenadine margarita is almost like a tequila sunrise too. Can you say the best of both worlds?
Unusual Flavor Combinations
- Strawberry Basil Margaritas from Our Salty Kitchen- This combination is unusual but refreshing, tart, and lightly sweet. This drink combo screams perfect for summertime.
- Blue Margarita from Mile High Mitts- Only four ingredients are required to make this beautiful, blue beverage. So much flavor is packed into this margarita! It’s gonna be my beach beverage of choice this summer.
- Passion Fruit Margaritas from Awesome on 20- Finally a margarita I can be unabashedly passionate about. (PUN INTENDED!) Passion fruit is an unexpected citrus fruit that’s packed with flavor and juicy as can be. The sugar rim is a great compliment to the tart passion fruit flavor.
- Watermelon Margarita from Domestic Superhero- Growing up I loved watermelon eating contests more than anything else. And I challenged all my friends and cousins to them. This drink is a testament to all the beauty of watermelon and summertime fun.
- Honeydew Margarita from Cookie + Kate- This creamy, mint green cocktail is a dream! Creamy and light at the same time it’s refreshing and tasty too. I love the unique chili pepper rim that’s paired with this recipe.
- Cool Coconut Margarita from Foodie Crush- I love the refreshing flavor of coconut and lime! This coconut cream margarita looks like a dream. So this margarita basically has a “pool party” written all over it.
Traditional Margarita Recipe
- Traditional House Margaritas on the Rocks from 2 Cookin’ Mamas
Low-Cal Skinny Margarita Recipes
- Skinny Patron Margarita from Best of Life Magazine- Low on calories, but high on quality! Next up on our recipe list is this Patron based skinny margarita. Bonus points: this is the only carbonated margarita on the list. It’s made with club soda.
Skinny Blood Orange Margarita from Mom 4 Real- Tart and full of flavor! Blood orange juice goes great tequila. Although low on calorie, this option still packs a lot of flavors. And is a gorgeous color too!
Mock-tail Virgin Margarita Recipes
- Mock-Tail Margarita From Liz on Call- This traditionally flavored virgin margarita is a great addition to your Cinco de Mayo Entertaining list. Perfect for the younger crowd, pregnant friends and anyone who is alcohol-free.
So many margaritas so little time! Not!
This summer is about to get a little sweeter and a little more fun! Creating and trying new recipes is one of my favorite things. This list is sure to help you find a fun new recipe to try out this summer. Margaritas are great for:
- Sipping on the beach.
- Relaxing by the pool.
- Catching up with your girlfriends.
- Your next BBQ!
- Every tuesday.
- And of course, Cinco de Mayo!
Cheers to all my fabulous readers!
A Note on Alcohol Use and Mental Health
Please drink responsibly. Alcohol in excess can cause some negative side effects. And Not just a terrible hangover! Namely, alcohol use is a major contributor to anxiety and depression.
Alcohol use in moderation is not a bad thing. However, I’ve definitely felt the negative effects on my mental health. If you do drink a little too much and notice a change in your mental health try cutting back. And having a nice day of self-care is a great way to recover.
Articles to read if you need a little post Margarita self-care:
- Self-Care: The Revolutionary Tool
- Build Your Own Self-Care Tool Kit
- 30 Journal Prompts for Anxiety and Depression